This story is part of Select’s New & Notable column, where we highlight our favorite product launches, major sales, what we’re buying, and some of our latest recommendations and tips.
This week, we’ve got the latest Kindle models from Amazon, a bath mat from our favorite machine-washable rug retailer, plus plant-based alternative leather sneakers and organic cotton sneakers from a shoe brand. sustainable. kitchen appliances this week: Tineco’s Toasty One toaster (the brand’s first launch in kitchen technology), the Mini juicer and the HUROM H310 Easy Clean Slow Juicer.
New this week
- Amazonit’s new To light up and Kindle Kids are the lightest and most compact models to date, according to the retailer. Both USB-C eReaders are designed with a high-resolution 300 ppi display, 16GB of storage and six weeks of battery life per charge, according to Kindle, . The Kindle Kids comes with one year of Amazon Kids+ provide young readers with access to age-appropriate books.
- Robustit is The bath mat comes with a machine-washable fabric cover that’s absorbent, quick-drying and comfortable, the brand says. It attaches to a non-slip pad, just like its mats. Its cover is available in a variety of colors and styles, all of which are interchangeable with the cushion.
- all the birds‘ The Pacer collection includes plant stimulator and the canvas pacer in Men’s and Women’s shoe sizes. The former is made with the brand’s alternative plant-based leather, while the latter uses organic cotton. Both shoes have Allbird’s SweetFoam midsole, soft lining and are available in a range of neutral colors.
- casparit is Element Pro Mattress was designed with three layers of foam to support your body and relieve pressure during sleep, as well as a perforated foam layer for breathability.
- Bearaby has launched a body pillow — the 82-inch Cuddler — made from Melofoam, a material that the brand says molds to your body shape. Each Cuddler comes with a cloud white cotton cover, or you can purchase additional covers in Asteroid Grey, Midnight Blue, Moonstone Grey, and Evening Pink for an additional charge.
- Our Place glass containers come in three sizes — 1 ½ , 2 ¼ and 4 ¼ cups — in a set of three or six. with interchangeable covers. The containers are microwave, oven, and dishwasher safe, according to Our Place, and they come in three colors: teal, amber, and crystal.
On sale this week
Here are some of our favorite current sales from brands and retailers we think you should know about.
- Big Jones‘ King Sear and Dutch Baby are each on sale for $85 — usually $110 and $120, respectively — through September 19.
- Avocado is holding its fall sale until October 4th. Discounts include $100 off Organic Eco Mattress with code ECO, $200 off Green, Vegan and Latex Mattress with code GREEN and more.
- Dyson offer $100 off V11 Complete cordless vacuum cleaner until October 1st.
- Horizon Fitness is offering $1,000 off the 7.0 AT treadmill and $20 off fitness accessories with code FIT20 through September 20.
- Super goof! organizes its Friends & Family sale until September 20th. You can get 20% off sitewide with code FF20.
Shopping news: Patagonia founder sells ownership of his company
- The Patagonia founder and his family gave their ownership company, worth about $3 billion. They have dedicated all proceeds to organizations and projects fighting climate change.
- Target announced a partnership with toy brand FAO Schwarz. The retailer will exclusively offer its products in-store and online from October, in addition to FAO Schwarz selling its toys in its FAO stores.
- Rothy’s now offers students, teachers, healthcare workers and first responders discount of 20 one pair of shoes per year after verification of their eligibility by Sheer ID.
- September 15 through October 15 is National Hispanic Heritage Month. For a list of Latino-owned brands, you can also check out our list of 70+ companies in categories like home, fashion, wellness and more.
What we bought this week
I like to entertain my cat, Wanda, with interactive toys while I’m at work, which led me to SmartyKat Hot Pursuit Electronic Cat Toy. The motorized toy – her new favorite – has a spinning feather tail and a light that flashes periodically. Wanda jumps on the toy every time it moves, keeping her entertained for hours. Mission accomplished. – Zoe Malin, Editorial Updates Writer
To layer under sweater vests and tuck into mini-skirts over the seasons, I bought the Aritzia Babaton Formarib Mockneck t-shirt. The fabric of the shirt conforms to my body – but it’s not constricting – and it’s not sheer, even in white – so you don’t need to wear a bra underneath. It’s true to size, but I think you can downsize if you want a crop. — Morgan Greenwald, Editor
I purchased and started wearing the Loeffler Randall Leonie Ballet Flat recently and they are so comfortable. They come in lots of flesh colors, as well as metallic and studded options that I love (and are currently sold out). — Leah Ginsberg, Editor-in-Chief
Boston Birkenstocks – an obsession for many fashion bros (and me) – are my favorite shoes to wear right now across the seasons. they are honestly so comfortable I can slip them on and run out. My favorite way to wear them right now is the Princess-Diana-running-running look: an oversized sweater, shorts, ankle socks and the Birks, perfect for early fall. — Vivian Le, junior designer
What we recommended this week
- To recommend the best eco-friendly laundry detergents, we spoke to experts on how to buy them and source options registered with the Environmental Protection Agency.
- To recommend gluten-free meal delivery services, we spoke to nutritionists about options that contain gluten-free options or offer entirely gluten-free menus.
- To recommend dog beds, we asked veterinarians how to find options for puppies of all sizes, ages, needs and more.