CLARKSVILLE, TN – On June 4, the Clarksville Screaming Eagles Youth Football and Cheer (CSE) hosted their second annual CSE Football Camp.
This year’s special guests were Da’Shawn Hands (defensive lineman for the Tennessee Titans), Kevin Strong (defensive lineman for the Tennessee Titans) and Taj Smith (former wide receiver for the Indianapolis Colts).
More than 140 young athletes, aged 5 to 14, participated in this event. During the three-hour camp, these young athletes received training focused on particular skills, developing them to become the best, if not the best future football players in the city of Clarksville.
Special guests Hands, Strong and Smith, along with several members of the CSE coaching staff, provided specialized training for positions such as quarterbacks, wide receivers, running backs, linemen, linebackers and defensive backs.
The culminating event of the camp was a scrimmage with NFL football players Hands, Strong and Smith.
Young athletes were divided into teams by NFL players for a touch football friendly game where they were able to use the special skills they learned.
At the end of the camp, Clarksville Screaming Eagles Coach Brandon Baldwin (Director of Football) recognized the following athletes for their accomplishments:
- Brian Miller (Eagle Eye Award)
- Ja’kobee Jones (Baby Eagle Eye Award)
- Tyler Lawrence (Ball Hawk Award)
- Carter Ingle (Baby Ball Hawk Award)
- Christian Johnson (Eagle Claw Award)
- Kaden Russell (Baby Eagle Claw Award)
- Xavier McCaffrey (Eagle Monster Award)
- Nikos Carter (Baby Eagle Monster Award)
- LJ Hampton (Eagle Trench Bully)
- Riker Payne (Eagle Trench Bully)
- Layne Brooks (Eagle Strike Award)
- Bryce Davis (Baby Strike Award)